iCertification Training Programs
Webinars & Podcasts
For technical support or sales information:
+1 (608) 310-5100
US Toll-free: (877) 310-6688
Ext 3, Sales
Ext 5, Technical Support
Innovative Research Grant Program
Applications are no longer being accepted for the iCell Screening Grant.
CDI's Innovative Research Grant Program awards high-quality human induced pluripotent stem cell-derived cells for progressive basic, applied, and industrial research.
The iCell Screening Grant provides iCell Cardiomyocytes, iCell Neurons, or iCell Endothelial Cells for proposed screening projects that will advance the development and application of phenotypic screening approaches to drug discovery. Maximum consideration will be placed on those projects that take advantage of the unique biological properties and physiological relevance of the cells, seek to address problems of significant scientific and/or industrial merit, represent novel investigations, have widespread applicability, and provide the basis for further studies.
Award winner(s) will be expected to participate in a limited number of marketing programs highlighting their research performed under the grant award.
- Application start date: Oct 15, 2012
- Application deadline: Dec 10, 2012
- Winners announced: No later than Jan 12, 2013 (formal announcement at SLAS 2013, Jan 12 - 16)
How to Apply
Read the program's Official Rules and apply for the grant using the online form.
If you have any questions about this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete the following form and click Submit to apply. Please read the Official Rules before applying.
* = required field
Applications for the iCell Screening Grant are now closed.
Please read these Rules before submitting a Research Grant Application. By submitting an Application you agree to be bound by these Rules and that you satisfy all eligibility requirements.
1. HOW TO ENTER:
2. GENERAL RULES APPLICABLE TO CDI’S INNOVATIVE RESEARCH GRANT PROGRAM (the Program):
- In the event of a dispute regarding any Application, that Application will be deemed made by the authorized holder of the primary email address associated with the Application.
- By submitting an Application, Applicants agree to be bound by these Rules.
- CDI’s failure to enforce any term or provision of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of the term or provision or any other term.
- CDI reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Program.
- These Rules are subject to change without notice for any reason.
- Applications will not be returned to the Applicant. Applicant agrees that the Application shall not include any confidential information or trade secret information of the Applicant or his/her employer and that the Application itself shall not constitute confidential information or trade secret information of the Applicant or his/her employer. CDI will have no liability or obligation to keep confidential or for non-use of any information submitted in an Application.
- Each winning Applicant agrees to report the work product, data or results from the research proposal described in the Application to CDI within 30 days of completion of the proposed work. CDI may publicize the research proposal in the winning Applications. CDI may also publicize the work product, data and results of the Applicant for marketing purposes if made public by the Applicant pursuant to these Rules or any time six (6) months after the results have been reported to CDI.
- The Program is void where prohibited.
3. RESEARCH PROPOSAL WINNERS:
- CDI will evaluate each Application based on CDI’s determination of the best ideas for the development of new applications for basic, applied, and industrial research using iCell® Products. The winners will be selected based on the scientific merit of the Application and the resources and expertise that the Applicant can bring to the submitted projects. The criteria to judge each Application is subjective and shall be at CDI’s sole discretion.
- Judging to determine the winners will be done by a panel appointed by CDI (the Grant Committee).
- The decision of the Grant Committee will be final and cannot be appealed.
- Winners will be notified no later than January 30, 2012.
- No information regarding judging will be disclosed.
- Each winning Application will receive an amount of iCell® Cardiomyocytes, iCell® Neurons, or iCell® Endothelial Cells Kits (the Award) that are anticipated to be sufficient to complete the proposed research.
- No financial or other compensation will be awarded.
- The Award is not transferable; no substitutions or cash equivalents will be provided.
- Taxes, if any, related to the Award are the responsibility of the winners.
- To accept an Award, Applicants (and his or her employer) of winning Applications must agree to CDI’s Terms and Conditions of Sale for iCell® Products, if Applicant does not have executed terms and conditions already in place with CDI, and will be required to sign and return a declaration of eligibility, a release of liability and an assignment of rights in accordance with these Rules.
- All expenses and costs associated with the Application are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Research activities proposed within the Application must be completed within three (3) months of receipt of Award.
- The Award must be used for the research proposal described in the Application.
- The Award will be shipped to the winner within 30 days of Applicant’s return of the executed terms and conditions and declaration described above.
- Each Applicant must be an individual who is at least 18 years old.
- Applications that propose research on IVD-regulated products (for In Vitro Diagnostic Use), use in clinical trials, or any use in humans are excluded from the Program and will disqualify any Application.
- Employees of CDI are not eligible to participate in the Program.
- By submitting an Application, each Applicant consents to the use and publication by CDI of an Applicant's (and his or her employer’s) name, biographical information, likeness, company/employer information, and the research proposal described in the Application to publicize winners of the Award and for other similar marketing purposes without further compensation, except where prohibited by law and as otherwise provided herein. Such use and publication of an Applicant’s name and information will not be used for endorsement purposes.
- By entering, Applicant gives permission to CDI to contact Applicant about CDI’s products and services, whether or not Applicant’s Application is chosen as a winner.
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY:
- Ownership of the pre-existing, underlying intellectual property of the Applicant remains the property of the Applicant subject to CDI's rights described below.
- By participating in the Program, each winning Applicant grants to CDI a non-exclusive, fully paid up license to reprint, display, reproduce, publish, and exhibit the Application as a whole, in parts, or as a modified summary for the purposes of running the Program and for any use consistent with these Rules.
- If the Application or information or materials provided by Applicant contain any material or elements that are not owned by Applicant and/or which are subject to the rights of third parties, Applicant agrees to disclose such information in the Application and represents that he or she has obtained, prior to submission of the Application and information or materials, any and all releases and consents necessary to permit the use and exploitation of the Application, information and materials by CDI in the manner set forth in these Rules without additional compensation. Any and all such permission, licenses, clearances, releases, waivers and approvals may be requested by CDI.
8. RELEASE/LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY:
- EACH APPLICANT (AND HIS OR HER EMPLOYER) HEREBY HOLDS CDI AND ITS SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DEMANDS, DAMAGES OR LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO APPLICANT’S SUBMISSION OF AN APPLICATION; CDI’S USE OF THAT APPLICATION AS PERMITTED BY THESE RULES; AND IF THE APPLICANT SUBMITS A WINNING APPLICATION, THE RECEIPT OR USE BY APPLICANT OF THE AWARD.
- CDI AND ITS SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOST, LATE, DAMAGED, MISDIRECTED, ILLEGIBLE, INCOMPLETE OR APPLICATIONS; OR FOR ANY COMPUTER, ONLINE, TELEPHONE OR TECHNICAL MALFUNCTIONS, DELAYS OR HUMAN ERRORS THAT OCCUR IN THE PROCESSING, TRANSMISSION OR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS OR FOR INACCURATE TRANSCRIPTION OF APPLICATION INFORMATION; OR FOR ENTRIES THAT ARE STOLEN, MISDIRECTED, GARBLED, LOST OR DELAYED BY COMPUTER TRANSMISSIONS; OR IF FOR ANY REASON THE CONTEST IS NOT CAPABLE OF BEING CONDUCTED AS PLANNED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO INFECTION BY COMPUTER VIRUSES, BUGS, TAMPERING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURES OR OTHER CAUSES BEYOND THE CONTROL OF CDI.
- CDI RESERVES THE RIGHT AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION TO CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY OR SUSPEND THE PROGRAM. CDI RESERVES THE RIGHT NOT TO CHOOSE ANY WINNING APPLICATIONS OR TO CHOOSE MULTIPLE WINNING APPLICATIONS.
- EACH WINNING APPLICANT ASSUMES ALL LIABILITY AND RISK FOR ITS USE OF THE AWARD PURSUANT TO THE PROGRAM AND FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE RESEARCH DESCRIBED IN THE APPLICATION.
9. CHOICE OF LAW; VENUE:
- By submitting an Application, each Applicant agrees that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation or enforceability of these Rules, the Applicant’s rights and obligations under the Program, and CDI’s rights and obligations under the Program shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Wisconsin law. By submitting an Application, each Applicant consents to the jurisdiction of the federal and state courts of Wisconsin, with venue in Dane County.
10. WINNING APPLICATIONS:
- A list of winning Application(s) may be posted on the CDI website for a period of time after the winning Application(s) has been selected.
Congratulations! iCell Screening Grant Winners
For proposed screens focusing on coronary heart disease, stroke, autism
and tropical diseases:
Kacey Caradonna, Harvard School of Public Health
Shawdee Eshghi, Silver Creek Pharmaceuticals
Karl Braunewell, Southern Research Institute
Jamie Freeman, University College London
iCell Endothelial Cells
Jason Hinman, UCLA