Job Code: 054
The Scientist/Senior Scientist position will focus on the process for directed differentiation of pluripotent cells to terminally differentiated cells. This position will prove technical expertise within the Process Sciences group to develop, optimize, and scale up processes. This person will exercise judgment in the planning and execution of complex methods and procedures. They will develop strategies to ensure timely achievement of goals. This position will collaborate closely with other Research & Development groups.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Develop large-scale, robust and consistent processes for expansion and differentiation of human pluripotent stem cells.
- Evaluate new cell culture conditions and backup reagents.
- Participate in developing appropriate in-process and release assays.
- Perform process qualification, assay qualification, reagent qualification, and second vendor
- Write protocols, technical reports, SOPs, and batch records and develop appropriate documentation for processes.
- Participate in technology transfer of processes to the Manufacturing group.
- Participate in multidisciplinary technical project teams.
- A PhD degree in bioengineering, chemical engineering, biological sciences, or molecular biology with three years of industry experience or equivalents
- A proven track record in process development and experience as a member of product development teams
- A demonstrated scientific expertise with cell culture, cell differentiation, and general molecular biology skills, as well as process optimization under a Design Control System and statistical analysis
- Hands-on experience with large-scale cell culture based processes desired
- Skills with various techniques including immunocytochemistry, flow cytometry, ELISA and real-time quantitative PCR
- Strong organizational, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills along with excellent oral and written communication
- Ability to work on a fast-paced, collaborative team and adapt to a flexible work schedule due to the nature of cell culture
CDI is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer.